Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pirates, Subs, and Storms, Oh My!

Can I write a semi-amusing blog in under fifteen minutes? Challenge Accepted! Haha, so I'm in accounting, and we have this sub. And she thinks she knows everything as she shakes her poorly dyed hair and smoothes down her purple Snoopy (as in Charlie Brown) T-shirt.  She has yelled at every student in the hour she's been in here. She doesn't listen to a one of us, and every once in a while, she'll drift off into some story from her childhood, or tell us how she throws shoes at her children. The standard for people who are accepted as teachers astounds me. For real, I honestly don't know how this woman managed to pass high school, much less get a degree to be a substitute teacher... But, what do I know? (According to this substitute, not much.)
So, I'm watching the Pirates of the Caribbean movies for the first time this week (courtesy of my friend with many names), and they're pretty amazing.  Orlando Bloom almost made me forget about Channing Tatum :) Almost. Haha and I discovered that I want to be a pirate! Realistically, it's not a good plan, but in my head.... I think I'd be a good pirate. Hmmm. I guess the world will never know. And that's probably a good thing.
I was watching Glee the other day, and they were talking about how some people are unicorns-people that do such wonderful things that they turn from metaphorical "horses" to metaphorical "unicorns." Therefore, my thought of the day is, "Am I a horse or a unicorn?" No lie. I was also thinking about something else today while it was storming. (I love storms!) Isn't it funny how no matter how much you want to, you can't fall for someone? Even if they're perfect, or just nice, or just... right. If  you don't feel anything for them, what does it matter? You're always stuck with the people that are into other people. Like my dear friend Will said two seconds ago, "You just can't win." (He was talking about solitaire and doesn't know I stole his quote, but hey, if the shoe fits...)  Anyway, I was just musing about how love often goes a full circle with no one being happy. Unless you're one of those lucky people who has actually found someone that fell for you too.. To me, that's the best kind of magic. Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment